Last Updated: October 18, 2022
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual. In particular, we have collected, disclosed, and sold the following categories of personal information:
Category Example(s) Source(s) Purpose of Collection Identifiers Name, email address, physical address, phone number, driver’s license number,
passport number, social security number, etc. Directly from the individual
Maintaining and servicing your account, providing customer service, processing transactions, providing you with marketing
communications, managing your email preferences, providing updates on your reservations or properties, and responding to inquiries.
Customers’ records Name, signature, credit card number, bank account number, other financial information, etc. Directly from the individual
Maintaining and servicing your account, providing customer
service, processing transactions, and managing incident responses. Commercial Information Purchase/reservation history. Directly from the
consumer. Maintaining and servicing your account, providing customer
service, processing transactions, and providing you with marketing communications. Protected Classification Gender Directly from the
consumer. Maintaining and servicing your account Internet/Network Activity
Information regarding your interaction with our websites, IP address, and web session data. Directly from the consumer, and indirectly from service providers.
Providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services Geolocation Data IP address Directly from the consumer, indirectly from service providers. Providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services. Audio, electronic, visual, etc. information. Video recordings, audio recordings directly from the consumer, indirectly from service providers. Providing customer service, and monitoring the security of our properties.
What About Cookies?
• Assist with your navigation of our website;
• Track the number of visitors to our site;
• Remember your site preferences (e.g., account logins);
Disclosure of Personal Information
We have disclosed the following categories of personal information to our service providers for the business purpose of performing services on our behalf such as maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on our behalf.
• Customer Records;
• Commercial Information;
• Protected Classifications;
• Internet/Network Activity;
• Geolocation Data; and
• Audio, electronic, and visual, information.
We may also disclose personal information for the following purposes:
• Fraud Prevention: We may disclose your personal information when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others.
• Law enforcement or legal requests: We may disclose your personal information to the government.
authorities, such as law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators to comply with the law.
• Corporate Restructuring: We may transfer your information to a third party if we or any of our affiliates are involved in corporate restructuring, including a sale, merger, or other transfer of some or all of our assets.
Notice to Individuals in California Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California consumers are provided with certain privacy
rights which they may exercise themselves or through an authorized agent.
The Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information: Under the CCPA, the term “sale” is defined broadly and may encompass some of our tracking, analytics, and advertising activities occurring with third parties via cookies and trackers on our website. Therefore, while we do not sell personal information in the traditional sense, we may “sell” the following categories of personal information as defined by the CCPA to our cookie and tracker providers:
• Internet/Network activity; and
• Geolocation data.
We do not knowingly sell the personal information of California consumers under the age of sixteen (16) years.
The Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, or sold about you in the previous twelve (12) months. You may also request a copy of the personal information we have collected from you over the past twelve (12) months.
The Right to Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will delete and direct our service providers to delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Please see the “Exercising Your Privacy Rights” section below for details on how to submit a right to access or right to the deletion request.
Use of an Authorized Agent
You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make this privacy request on your behalf to exercise your rights under the CCPA, however, we may require them to verify their own identity.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA,
we will not:
• Deny you goods or services;
• Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including granting discounts or other
benefits, or imposing penalties;
• Provide you with a different level or quality of goods and services; or
• Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Notice to Individuals in the European Union and United Kingdom
Lawful Basis of Processing
We will only collect and process personal data from individuals accessing the website in the European Union and United Kingdom where we have a lawful basis to do so. We rely on the following lawful bases to process your personal data:
• With your consent;
• For the fulfillment of a contract you have entered into with us;
• For compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
• When the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our organization Where we need to collect personal data from you in order to fulfill our contract with you, and you do not provide the data, we will not be able to enter into the contract.
Your Data Subject Access Rights
European Union and United Kingdom data subjects have the following rights, subject to certain exemptions, with respect to the personal information we hold:
1. The right to request access to the personal data we hold;
2. The right to request rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
3. The right to request the deletion or erasure of the personal data;
4. The right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data;
5. The right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
6. The right to request that your data be ported to another controller.
Additionally, when our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
Please see the “Exercising Your Privacy Rights” section below for details on how to submit one of these requests. If you are not satisfied with our answers to your questions, you also have the right to file a complaint with your supervisory authority.
Exercising Your Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California and are currently located in the European Union or United Kingdom and would like to exercise your rights outlined above, please contact us through either of the following options. We may require you to provide certain personal information to allow us to verify your identity, such as your email address, phone number, confirmation number, owner ID number, etc. If we cannot comply with a request, we will explain the reasons in our response.
Calling us at 855-822-3996
Emailing us at email@example.com
Security of Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information seriously. To protect the privacy and security of your personal information, we maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. Additionally, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities.
How Long do we Keep your Personal Information?
to you. This is based on the nature of the data, why the data was collected and processed, and additional applicable legal retention requirements.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Zealandia Holding Company
1 Vance Gap Rd, Asheville, NC 28805